Research Orientation Program
To promote research culture within the department a faculty presentation on regular basis being conducted. With the start of Master Degree Program the faculty members will be actively involved in research in collaboration with the industry. The department has adequate research lab facilities for this purpose.
A joint R & D project between NEDUET and Pakistan Petroleum Limited
Faculty Members were involved in the following researches:
UNESCO sponsored Post Graduate Research Fellowship at AGH University of Science & Technology, Krakow, Poland:
- Modeling of Multiphase flow in natural gas condensate and volatile oil in porous media. (EOR-CO2 / EGR-CO2 models).
- Reservoir Geophysics for Hydrocarbon & water prospection.
Master Degree Research:
- Well Test analysis of Multilayered Reservoirs, Herriot watt University Edinburgh, UK.
- Reservoir Simulation & Enhanced Oil Recovery, University of Alberta, Canada.
Importance of Water Influx and Water Flooding in Gas Condensate Reservoirs, NTNU Norway
Horizontal Well Length Optimization considering WellBore Hydraulics, NTNU Norway
Theoretical study of Osmotic and Swelling Pressures with Experimental Investigation of Threshold Capillary Pressure in Shales, NTNU Norway
Error and Ellipses of Uncertainty Analysis in Far North, NTNU Norway
Effects of Surfactants in Alkaline- Surfactant-Polymer Flooding in Carbonate Rocks on Wettability and Interfacial Tension, UTM (Universiti Teknologi Malaysia)
Phd Degree Research:
- Single and Multiphase Flow Properties of Fault Rocks:Implication of Petroleum Production, University of Leeds
- Petrophysical Properties of Fault Rocks:Implication of Petroleum Production, University of Leeds